1. Students, educators, parents, and members of the public are invited to nominate outstanding Malay Language teachers for the annual Arif Budiman Malay Language Teachers’ Award (AGAB). The award aims to recognise Malay Language teachers in primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and centralised institute who have made significant contributions to the teaching and learning of the Malay Language.
2. Nominees must demonstrate the values of ‘Arif Budiman’ – a learned person who contributes to society – through excellent and exemplary service as a Singapore educator. They will therefore be evaluated on their ability to instil knowledge, skills and interest in the learning of the Malay Language, Malay literature and culture among students. Their dedication and commitment in the teaching and learning of the Malay Language in the classrooms and beyond, plus their care and concern for the needs and well-being of their students, will also be considered in the evaluation criteria.
3. The award will mark its 12th year this year. Since its inauguration in 2007, it has recognised a total of 50 primary, secondary and pre-university Malay Language teachers. There will be a total of four awards in the following two categories:
- ‘Primary School’ and;
- ‘Secondary School & Pre-university’.
4. Nominations open on 26 February and will end on 26 April 2018. The official nomination form, which will be disseminated to all Singapore schools, may also be downloaded from:
5. Alternatively, nominations may be made online at http://www.tinyurl.com/AGAB-2018. More information can also be obtained via email at MOE_MLLPC_Secretariat@moe.gov.sg. AGAB recipients will be announced in November this year.
6. AGAB 2018 is jointly organised by the Malay Language Council, Singapore, Malay Language Teachers Association, Berita Harian and the Malay Language Learning and Promotion Committee.