2018 நல்லாசிரியர் விருதுக்கான நியமனங்கள் வரவேற்கப்படுகின்றன
Students, educators, parents, and members of the public are invited to nominate Tamil language teachers for the annual Most Inspiring Tamil Teachers’ (MITT) Award. The nomination is open from 20 March to 18 May 2018.
2. The Award aims to recognise Tamil language teachers in primary and secondary schools, junior colleges, and centralised institute who have made significant contributions to the teaching and learning of Tamil language in our schools. Nominees should be:
- Teachers who act as catalysts in arousing students’ interest in Tamil language by infusing innovative pedagogies in the teaching of Tamil Language, and inspire students to be self-directed and engaged learners; and
- Educators who teach with passion and demonstrate a keen interest in students’ well-being and have positively impacted their students.
3. Since its inauguration in 2002, the MITT Award has recognised 180 primary, secondary, and pre-university Tamil language teachers. This year, there will be a total of six awards in the ‘Primary’, ‘Secondary’ and ‘Pre-university’ categories. The names of the recipients will be announced in August 2018.
4. The nomination form can be obtained from all Singapore schools or downloaded from www.tllpc.sg or www.tamilmurasu.com.sg. Nominations can also be made online at http://www.tinyurl.com/MITT-Tamil and http://www.tinyurl.com/MITT-English.
5. The MITT Award is jointly organised by Tamil Murasu, Tamil Language Learning and Promotion Committee (TLLPC), and the Singapore Tamil Teachers’ Union (STTU). For more information, please email MOE_TLLPC_Secretariat@moe.gov.sg.
6. In addition to the MITT Award, two other awards will also be presented in August 2018: the Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award1. The Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award recognises the best performing Tamil language trainee teacher during his/her course of study, while the Lifetime Achievement Award honours the contributions of our pioneer Tamil language teachers who have been exemplary in their role and have inspired generations of students and teachers. The Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award recipient will be selected by NIE, while the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient will be selected by representatives from Tamil Murasu, TLLPC, and STTU.
- The Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award was first introduced in 2013, while the Lifetime Achievement Award was first given out in 2002.