2020 நல் லாசிரியர் விருதுக்கான நியமனங் கள் வரவவற் கப்படுகின் றன
From 17 February to 30 April 2020, students, educators, parents and members of the public are invited to nominate Tamil language teachers for the Most Inspiring Tamil Teachers' (MITT) Award 2020.
2. The MITT Award recognises Tamil language teachers in primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and Millennia Institute who have made significant contributions to the teaching and learning of Tamil language in schools. Nominees should be:
- Teachers who nurture students' interest in Tamil language by using innovative methods to make lessons more interesting and engaging; and
- Dedicated and passionate teachers who demonstrate a keen interest in students' well-being and inspire students to be self-directed and engaged learners.
3. Since 2002, the MITT Award has recognised about 200 primary, secondary, and pre- university Tamil language teachers. This year, a total of six awards will be given out for the primary, secondary and pre-university categories. The award recipients will be announced in September 2020.
4. The nomination form can be obtained from all schools or downloaded from www.tllpc.sg or www.tamilmurasu.com.sg. Nominations can also be made online at https://tinyurl.com/TLMITT2020 and https://tinyurl.com/ELMITT2020.
5. The MITT Award is jointly presented by Tamil Murasu, Tamil Language Learning and Promotion Committee, and the Singapore Tamil Teachers' Union (STTU). For more information, please email MOE_TLLPC_Secretariat@moe.gov.sg.
The Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award and Lifetime Achievement Award
6. In addition to the MITT Award, two other awards will also be presented at the award ceremony in September 2020 – the Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award1.
- The Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award recognises the best-performing Tamil language trainee teacher during his/her course of study. The recipient will be selected by NIE.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honours the contributions of our pioneer Tamil language teachers who have been exemplary in their role and have inspired generations of students and teachers. The recipient will be selected by representatives from STTU.
- The Best NIE Trainee Teacher Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award was first presented in 2013 and 2002 respectively.