1. Do you know educators who have made outstanding contributions in moulding the future of our nation? The Ministry of Education (MOE) invites you to nominate these educators for the following national awards:
President’s Award for Teachers (PAT) 2020
2. The President’s Award for Teachers recognises excellent educators for their dedication and hard work in developing our young. These educators are role models for the fraternity and inspire students through their words and deeds.
3. PAT is now open to teachers from primary and secondary schools, Junior Colleges (JC) and Millennia Institute (MI), as well as educators from the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and the polytechnics. Since the establishment of the award in 1998, 99 educators have been recognised for their teaching excellence, dedication and hard work.
Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) 2020
4. The Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) recognises young teachers, aged 35 and below, for their youthful idealism, enthusiasm, energy and active involvement in youth development.
5. OYEA 2020 is open to teachers born on or after 30 June 1985, and are presently teaching in a primary school, secondary school, JC or MI. Since the inception of OYEA in 1999, 78 outstanding young educators have received the award.
6. Nominations for both awards can be submitted online (go.gov.sg/pat2020 and go.gov.sg/oyea2020) or via hard copy nomination forms. The links to the online nomination forms can also be found on the Academy of Singapore Teachers website (https://academyofsingaporeteachers.moe.edu.sg/).
7. Hard copy nomination forms for both awards are available at all primary and secondary schools, JCs, MI, and MOE’s Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive. PAT nomination forms can also be obtained from all five polytechnics and ITE.
8. The nomination period starts on 1 October 2019 for both awards. Nominations for OYEA and PAT will close on 7 January 2020 and 21 January 2020 respectively.