1. The Ministry of Education (MOE) invites the public to nominate outstanding teachers for the following national awards:
President’s Award for Teachers (PAT) 2018
2. The President’s Award for Teachers recognises excellent educators for their dedication and hard work in developing our young. These teachers must believe in preparing students for life, as well as embody the commitment to continuous learning. In addition, they should inspire their students and act as role models for the teaching fraternity. The teachers should also be reflective practitioners who demonstrate deep pedagogy.
3. The PAT is now open to teachers from Primary and Secondary schools, Junior Colleges (JC), Centralised Institute, the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and Polytechnics. Since the award’s introduction in 1998, it has recognised 84 teachers for their teaching excellence, dedication and hard work.
Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) 2018
4. The Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) recognises young teachers, aged 35 and below, for their youthful idealism, enthusiasm, energy and active involvement in youth development.
5. OYEA is open to teachers born on or after 30 June 1983, and are presently in service in a Primary school, Secondary school, JC or Centralised Institute. Since its inception in 1999, 66 outstanding young educators, including this year’s recipients, have received the award.
6. Nominations for both awards can be submitted online or by hard copy. The links to the online nomination forms can be found on the Academy of Singapore Teachers’ website at http://www.academyofsingaporeteachers.moe.gov.sg.
7. Hard copy nomination forms for both awards are available at all Primary and Secondary schools, JCs, Centralised Institute, and MOE’s Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive. PAT nomination forms can also be found at the respective post-secondary institutions.
8. Nominations will start on 16 October 2017 for both awards.
9. OYEA nominations will close on 30 November 2017 and PAT nominations will close on 15 January 2018.