1. The posting results for the 2020 Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) will be released on Tuesday, 4 February 2020, 9.00am. Applicants can obtain their posting results via the following channels:
- Short Messaging System (SMS) text messages sent to the mobile phone number provided by the applicant during registration; and
- The JAE Internet System (JAE-IS) accessible through the JAE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/joint-admissions-exercise.
2. Applicants posted to a Junior College (JC) or Millennia Institute (MI) should report to these institutions on Wednesday, 5 February 2020, 7.30am. Applicants posted to a polytechnic or an Institute of Technical Education (ITE) course will receive further instructions via an enrolment package which the institutions will mail to them.
3. Applicants who wish to appeal for a transfer to another JC should contact the JC of their choice directly by phone or email. The JC has the discretion to consider the application if it has available vacancies, and if the applicant meets its course cut-off point for this year's exercise. Applicants who wish to appeal for a transfer to MI should also contact the MI directly via phone or email. Contact numbers and email addresses of the JCs/MI can be found in the attached Annex.
4. Applicants who wish to appeal for a transfer to another polytechnic or ITE Higher Nitec course may do so through the JAE Online Appeal Portal for polytechnic and ITE Higher Nitec courses, at https://jaeappeal.edu.sg. Students who were not posted to any course during the JAE are also encouraged to submit an appeal through the same portal. Applicants can submit an appeal from Tuesday, 4 February 2020, 9.00am to Friday, 7 February 2020, 4.00pm, and appeal outcomes will be released on Thursday, 20 February 2020, 9.00am.
Students on Leave of Absence after returning from Mainland China
5. As announced on 27 January 2020, to enhance protection of our school students against the Wuhan coronavirus infection, MOE will be implementing a Leave of Absence (LOA), valid for a period of 14 days, for students and staff returning from Mainland China. This will apply to all MOE schools, including JCs and MI, polytechnics and ITE.
6. Similarly, applicants who are posted to JCs/MI, and have returned from Mainland China on 22 January 2020 or later, should not report to their posted institutions on 5 February 2020. These applicants will be placed on LOA for a period of 14 days, starting from the day after arrival in Singapore1 .
7. They should instead call or email the JC/MI they are posted to on 5 February 2020 to confirm their place in the school. Contact numbers and email addresses of the JCs/MI can be found in the attached Annex. The JCs/MI will provide their students on LOA with the necessary support for their schooling needs.
8. MOE will continue to work closely with schools and institutions to keep them updated on the necessary follow-up.
- For example, if the student returns to Singapore on 28 January 2020, the LOA will last from 29 January to 11 February. The student will report to the school on 12 February.