1. The Ministry of Education (MOE) invites the public to nominate outstanding teachers for the President’s Award for Teachers 2017 (PAT). Now in its 20th year, PAT recognises excellent teachers for their dedication and hard work in developing our young. A total of 78 teachers have received the award since it was introduced in 1998.
2. From 2017, PAT will be extended to educators from the Polytechnics and Institute of Technical Education (ITE) to recognise their teaching excellence and contributions. While polytechnics and ITE have various institution-based awards for their educators, this will be the first national level award that signals MOE’s strong commitment to and emphasis on skills development and recognition of quality teaching at our tertiary institutions.
3. Nominees must be teachers who are dedicated to leading, caring and inspiring students to believe in themselves and be the best they can be. These teachers must be reflective practitioners who demonstrate deep pedagogy. Besides leading in and contributing to the professional growth of other teachers, they must also be role models for the teaching profession.
4. Nominations may be made online at the Academy of Singapore Teachers’ website at http://www.academyofsingaporeteachers.moe.gov.sg/. Nomination forms can also be downloaded from the website, and will also be available at all primary and secondary schools, junior colleges, centralised institute, polytechnics, ITE colleges and MOE’s Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive.
5. Nominations will start on 16 January 2017 and end on 17 February 2017.