1. The results of the 2017 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Normal (Academic) [N(A)] and Normal (Technical) [N(T)] Level Examinations will be released on Monday, 18 December 2017.
2. School candidates may obtain their results from their respective schools from 2.00 pm on 18 December 2017.
3. Private candidates will be notified of their individual results by post. The result slips will be mailed on 18 December 2017 to the address provided by the candidates during the registration period. Private candidates who are eligible for SingPass1 can also use their SingPass account to obtain their results online via the internet Examination Results Release System (iERRS) on the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s website at www.seab.gov.sg from 2.00 pm on 18 December 2017.
4. Students who wish to apply for courses offered by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) can submit their applications online via the ITE application portal (www.ite.edu.sg/wps/portal/intake/) upon collection of their results. Hard copy application forms will also be available at the Customer Service Centres at each of the three ITE Colleges.
Application for the Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP)
5. The Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) prepares students for progression into selected polytechnic diploma courses via a two-year Higher Nitec course at ITE. Under the DPP, students who successfully complete their Higher Nitec course and attain the required minimum qualifying Higher Nitec Grade Point Average are guaranteed a place in a polytechnic diploma course mapped to their Higher Nitec course. Students eligible for the DPP will receive a copy of Form N from their secondary schools, inviting them to apply for the DPP.
6. Applications for DPP can be submitted online via the ITE application portal between 2.30 pm on 18 December 2017 and 5.00 pm on 21 December 2017.
Release of DPP Posting Results and Acceptance of DPP Offers
7. The DPP posting results will be released at 9.00 am on 26 December 2017. Students will be able to check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
8. Students who receive a DPP offer are required to log on to the ITE application portal between 9.00 am on 26 December 2017 and 3.00 pm on 28 December 2017 to accept or reject the DPP offer.
9. Students who do not have a confirmed place in the DPP should report to their secondary schools on 2 January 2018 for Secondary 5.
Application for the Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)
10. The Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) is a diploma-specific foundation programme conducted over two academic semesters at the polytechnics. It caters to students in the Normal (Academic) course who have decided to pursue a polytechnic education and meet the PFP eligibility requirements at the end of Secondary 4. Applications for the PFP will open in January 2018, on the day of the GCE Ordinary Level Examinations results release. Students eligible for the PFP will receive a copy of Form P on the day of the release of the examination results, inviting them to apply for the PFP.
11. 11. Students interested in applying for the PFP should first commence their Secondary 5 year on 2 January 2018, while awaiting notification of eligibility and confirmation of a place in the PFP.
12. 12. For more information on the DPP and the PFP, please visit these websites:
Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) (http://www.ite.edu.sg/wps/portal/definitely-des/)
Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) (https://pfp.polytechnic.edu.sg/PFP/index.html)
Provision of Education and Career Guidance (ECG) services
13. After the release of the GCE N(A)-Level and N(T)-Level Examinations results, students may see their teachers or ECG Counsellors in their respective secondary schools to help them make informed choices about their next steps. To complement the ECG programmes and services provided by schools, students and their parents may also book an appointment at 6831 1420 or MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg to see an ECG Counsellor at the ECG Centre @MOE (Grange Road). The ECG Centre will be open from 11 to 23 December 2017 (9.00am to 5.00pm).
- Private candidates can visit the SingPass website at www.singpass.gov.sg to find out if they are eligible for SingPass.