1. Students who sat for the 2018 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) examinations collected their results today1.
2. The comparative numbers of the 2018 and 2017 A-Level examinations for school candidates are as follows.
|Year||Number of candidates||At least 3 H2 passes, with a pass in General Paper (GP) or Knowledge and Inquiry (KI)
3. As announced earlier this month, A-Level graduates who are looking to further their studies at the polytechnics can now be exempted from one semester of polytechnic studies for more than 110 courses (refer to Annex A). With this change, A-Level graduates who are not enlisting in National Service can enter the polytechnics in the same year that they receive their A-Level results, plus graduate with a polytechnic diploma one year earlier (refer to Annex B). Interested applicants can apply to the polytechnics directly in mid-August 2019. More details can be found on the respective polytechnics’ websites.
4. Those who are interested in applying to the Autonomous Universities can apply directly via the respective universities' websites.
- The University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), the Ministry of Education, Singapore and the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) are the joint examining authorities for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level Examinations.