1. The results of the 2020 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Normal (Academic)-[N(A)] and Normal (Technical)-[N(T)] Level Examinations will be released on Thursday, 17 December 2020, 2.00pm.
Results Release for School Candidates
2. Given the ongoing COVID-19 situation, arrangements have been made for school candidates to receive their results from their respective secondary schools – in their individual classrooms instead of gathered as a cohort as in previous years – from 2.00pm on 17 December 2020. Only school candidates collecting their results will be allowed entry into the school premises, and they will be expected to observe the Safe Management Measures (SMMs) in place.
3. School candidates who are unwell, on Quarantine Order, Stay-Home Notice or Leave of Absence on the day of the results release, should not return to school to collect their results. Instead, they may view their results online via Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board's (SEAB) results release system at www.seab.gov.sg from 2.30pm on 17 December 2020. The system will be accessible from 17 to 31 December 2020.
4. School candidates who are eligible for SingPass1 can use their SingPass account to access SEAB's online results release system. School candidates who are International Students can access the results release system using the SEAB-issued PIN sent to their email addresses which their schools had provided to SEAB.
5. School candidates can also appoint a proxy to collect a physical copy of their results on their behalf. School candidates may contact their schools for assistance if they are unable to appoint a proxy, or if they have not received their password for SEAB's results release system.
Results Release for Private Candidates
6. Private candidates will be notified of their individual results by post. The results will be mailed on 17 December 2020 to the address that private candidates had provided to SEAB.
7. Private candidates who are eligible for SingPass can also use their SingPass account to obtain their results online via SEAB's online results release system, similar to the arrangement for school candidates. Private candidates who are non-SingPass holders can use the SEAB-issued PIN sent to their email addresses which they had provided to SEAB.
Application for Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Courses
8. Candidates who wish to apply for courses offered by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) can submit their applications online via the ITE application portal (https://www.ite.edu.sg/apply-for-ITE-courses), between 2.30pm on 17 December 2020 and 5.00pm on 21 December 2020. Hard copy application forms will also be available at the Customer & Visitor Centres at the three ITE Colleges. Applicants who wish to collect a hard copy application from the Customer & Visitor Centres should book an appointment first by contacting the respective colleges via the email addresses or phone numbers provided at https://www.ite.edu.sg/who-we-are/get-in-touch.
9. For courses offered under Aptitude-Based Admissions, candidates may check the interview details online via the ITE application portal on 22 December 2020 from 2.00pm.
Release of ITE Posting Results and Acceptance of ITE Offers
10. The ITE posting results will be released on 30 December 2020. Candidates may check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
11. Candidates who receive an ITE offer should log on to the ITE application portal between 30 December 2020 and 4 January 2021 to accept or reject the offer.
Application for the Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP)
12. The Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) prepares candidates for progression into selected polytechnic diploma courses via a two-year Higher Nitec course at ITE. Under the DPP, candidates who successfully complete their Higher Nitec course and attain the required minimum qualifying Higher Nitec Grade Point Average are guaranteed a place in a polytechnic diploma course mapped to their Higher Nitec course. School candidates eligible for the DPP will receive a copy of Form N from their secondary schools, inviting them to apply for the DPP.
13. Applications for the DPP can be submitted online via the ITE application portal between 2.30 pm on 17 December 2020 and 5.00 pm on 21 December 2020.
Release of DPP Posting Results and Acceptance of DPP Offers
14. The DPP posting results will be released on 23 December 2020. Candidates may check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
15. Candidates who receive a DPP offer should log on to the ITE application portal between 23 December 2020 and 28 December 2020 to accept or reject the DPP offer.
16. School candidates who do not have a confirmed place in the DPP should report to their secondary schools in 2021 for Secondary 5.
Application for the Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)
17. The Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) is a diploma-specific foundation programme conducted over two academic semesters at the polytechnics. It caters to candidates in the N(A) course who have decided to pursue a polytechnic education and meet the PFP eligibility requirements at the end of Secondary 4.
18. School candidates interested in applying for the PFP should first report to their secondary schools in 2021 to start their Secondary 5 year, while awaiting notification of eligibility and confirmation of a place in the PFP.
19. Applications for the PFP will open in January 2021, on the day of the GCE Ordinary-Level Examinations results release. Candidates eligible for the PFP will receive a copy of Form P on the same day, inviting them to apply for the PFP.
20. For more information on the DPP and the PFP, please visit these websites:
Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP)
Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)
Provision of Education and Career Guidance (ECG) Services
21. School candidates may consult their teachers or ECG Counsellors in their respective secondary schools to help them make informed decisions about their next steps. Candidates can also refer to the MySkillsFuture website at https://go.gov.sg/mysfsec to find out more about the range of education and career pathways available to them. To complement the ECG services provided by schools, candidates may make an appointment for online or phone counselling with an ECG Counsellor from the ECG Centre at MOE (Grange Road) via 6831 1420, MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg or https://go.gov.sg/moe-ecg-centre. The MOE ECG Centre will offer online or phone counselling from 10 to 23 December 2020, 9.00am to 5.00pm (Saturdays: 9.00am to 12.30pm).
- Candidates can visit the SingPass website at www.singpass.gov.sg to find out if they are eligible for SingPass.