1. This year, 32 students from eight schools were recognised for their creativity and proficiency in script writing at the “Script it Right” Chinese Radio Drama Script Writing Competition Awards Ceremony held on 27 June 2019. Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Education and Chairperson of the Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL), Ms Low Yen Ling, graced the event as the Guest-of-Honour.
2. The competition aims to boost the learning of Chinese in a fun and interactive way, and to stimulate students’ interest in the language. Judged based on their content, creativity, and flair in the use of the Chinese language, seven scripts were awarded the Outstanding Script Award and five scripts were awarded the Creative Script Award (see Annex).
3. The award recipients were also invited to participate in the recording of their radio drama and a sequel-writing workshop. The radio dramas of the seven Outstanding Scripts were also broadcasted during the ceremony for the first time and will be broadcast on Chinese radio station, UFM100.3 from July to August. The four best sequels will also be broadcast in August.
4. Over the past six years, the competition has seen an increase in the number of participants and we are encouraged by the growing interest. More than 640 students from 42 secondary schools, junior colleges, and polytechnics, across all levels, submitted a total of 274 entries this year. In addition, through a series of eight workshops, about 1,000 students honed their script writing skills and about 50 teachers learned how to teach Chinese in an engaging way through activities such as script writing and storytelling in radio dramas.
5. "Script it Right” Chinese Radio Drama Script Writing Competition and workshops were co-organised by CPCLL and UFM100.3. For more information, please visit www.cpcll.sg.