1. In 2021, MOE will be opening seven new MOE Kindergartens (MKs) across Singapore, as part of our earlier-announced expansion to 50 MKs by 2023. All seven MKs will be located within primary schools and will offer Kindergarten Care (KCare) services. Please refer to the Annex for the locations of the new MKs.
2. In August 2017, MOE had announced that it will increase the number of MOE Kindergartens to 50 by 2023 to provide more high-quality and affordable pre-school places for children. With the opening of these seven MKs, we will have 36 MKs by 2021.
3. The seven new MKs will collaborate with Early Years Centres (EYCs), operated by PCF Sparkletots. This collaboration provides a continuum of quality and affordable pre-school services for children aged two months to six years old. Under the MK-Anchor Operator EYC pilot announced in February 2017, all eligible Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident Nursery 2 (N2) children who are enrolled in these EYCs will be guaranteed a Kindergarten 1 (K1) place in a nearby MK. The MK-EYC pilot will also be expanded to include an existing MK – MK@West Spring1.
4. Registration for admission to K1 in 2021 for the seven new MKs will take place in 2020. The registration exercise will be open to Singapore Citizen and Singapore Permanent Resident children born between 2 January 2016 and 1 January 2017 (both dates inclusive). Details of the exercise will be released in 1Q 2020. Please refer to the Annex for the locations of the new MKs.
5. To cater to parents who require a full-day care service for their child, KCare services are available in most school-based MKs on Mondays to Fridays, from 7am to 7pm. For instance, two school-based MKs, MK@Dazhong and MK@Farrer Park, will start offering KCare services from January 2019.
6. For more information, please visit www.moe.gov.sg/moekindergarten. Parents may also contact the MKs directly, or MOE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6872 2220 (Mondays to Fridays: 8.30am to 5.30pm, Saturdays: 8.30am to 12.30pm).
- Details of the PCF EYCs partnering the respective MKs will be available on the MK website and the PCF website at 12pm on 6 August 2018.