1. The 6th International Conference on Teaching and Learning with Technology (iCTLT)1 will take place from 31 May to 1 June 2018. Mr Ong Ye Kung, Minister for Education, is the Guest of Honour for the Opening Ceremony on 31 May.
2. The theme this year is Shape the Future, Be a Spark. It focuses on the important role educators play in helping to nurture future-ready and responsible digital learners. For the first time, the conference will include speakers and panellists from other sectors beyond education, such as IT and social and family development, to broaden the perspectives of educators. Over 1,500 local and overseas practitioners will come together to exchange ideas, insights and practices in these key areas:
- Embracing innovation in learning;
- Leveraging technology to enable students to explore and discover their interests and passions;
- Fostering a culture of lifelong learning in a digital world, and;
- Helping students exercise responsibility and thrive in the digital space.
3. Other highlights include:
Spark IT!, an inaugural design challenge where students will develop innovative ideas on how technology can shape the future of learning;
Open-Concept Makerspace, where visitors can explore Maker Education2 in action through various hands-on activities and technologies currently used in schools, including programmable robots and 3D-printing;
Special ASEAN workshop, where invited ASEAN participants will discuss how ICT can be harnessed to improve access to quality education, as part of Singapore’s contribution to the ASEAN Work Plan on Education 2016 – 2020.
The biennial iCTLT conference aims to gather policy makers, educators, and researchers to share their insights, practices, experiences, and research on harnessing technology for 21st century learning. For more information, please visit the conference website.