1. Two Special Education (SPED) teachers will receive the 2016 MOE Masters Scholarship in Special Education and will be pursuing their Master of Education (Special Education) at the National Institute of Education (NIE). They are:
- Noraisha Binte Mohamed from AWWA School
- Nur Faezah Abdul Rahman from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore School
2. More information on the scholarship recipients can be found at Annex A.
3. The MOE Masters Scholarship in Special Education started in 2011 to provide professional upgrading opportunities through postgraduate studies to SPED educators. The scholarship is open to registered Singaporean SPED Teachers who have served at least five years in SPED schools.
4. The scholarship recipients will be acknowledged at the biennial SPED Conference on 4 November 2016.
About the SPED Conference
The Special Education (SPED) Conference is a biennial event organised by the Ministry of Education for SPED educators in the 20 government-funded SPED schools and representatives from their Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) to gather as a fraternity for professional development and sharing. It is also an occasion to recognise outstanding contributions of SPED teachers, innovations in the SPED schools and keep abreast of new policies and key developments in the SPED sector. The theme for the 2016 SPED Conference is ‘Staying Rooted, Soaring High’ which reaffirms the important role educators play in laying the foundation and “roots” for quality SPED so that all students can soar to their greatest potential.