Why was 9 beads Abacus being innovated
9 Beads Abacus was innovated to resolve the challenge a young learner will face in learning One-Four beads Abacus. It’s simplify the abacus learning in
- The value of each bead on the abacus represent 1. This make the counting of the beads logical and less abstract for the young
- Learn the pairs of numbers that make 10 only. Unlike the One-Four Beads Abacus, the learner has to learn number bond of 5 and 10 which sometimes they will be confuse with the pairing
- The step to carry-over on addition and “borrowing” on subtraction are make easier with lesser set of formulae to remember and apply them appropriately
One-Four Beads Abacus
This is the traditional abacus also known as Soroban. The beads above the divider which also known as Heaven Bead represent a value of 5. The beads below the divider which is the Earth Bead represent the value of 1.
9 Beads Abacus
The 9 Beads Abacus is a new generation abacus that is specially designed for young learners. Each beads represent a value of 1.
Why choose Fun with Abacus?
Our carefully selected group of dedicated teachers are always ready to
- find ways to help their students to learn
- motivate them with encouragement
- set realistic goals that are neither too easy nor too difficult to achieve
- work along with parents to guide the students
Why 9 Beads Abacus as the teaching tool
We have been using the 9 Beads Abacus as a tool, and have continuously refined our program until it is systematically structured for the young learners through a set of 10 workbooks to be used for the whole program. These workbooks are tailored according to our local children learning. We conduct a major review on our curriculum and teaching method every yearly. This is to ensure our lessons are deliver effectively to the young learners.
Our founder, Joy Tay had work with the young learners on the One-Four Beads Abacus and witness the difficulties in the learning journey faced by them. She was introduced to the 9 Beads Abacus about a decade ago and decided to switch her teaching tool from One-Four Beads to 9 Beads. She strongly believes that the 9 Beads Abacus is a good tool to make learning easier and yet effective in achieving the same goal for the young learners.
No 1 Brooke Road #02-45
(Next to Roxy Square)
Toa Payoh Centre
Block 107 Toa Payoh Lorong 1
(Opp Yellow Pages)
Ang Mo Kio Centre
7030 Northstar @ AMK
Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 #01-45
Big Box @ Jurong East
1 Venture Ave