We comprise of a team of former MOE teachers and instructors in English and Chinese language and communication disciplines (view Teachers’ Profiles
). Inspired by Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew’s effort to promote bilingualism, the School of Language and Communication (SLC) is set up to promote active use of English and Mandarin. SLC provides a wide range of courses, from English and Chinese tuition classes for Preschool, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels.
- Our curricula are all designed by our senior teachers, who are former school teachers with more than 10 years of teaching experience, in consultation with current and former school teachers with 20 to 30+ years of teaching, curriculum and teacher quality development and educational management experience.
- Our consultant team consists of current and former teachers, HODs and Principals who have taught in reputable schools such as Raffles Institution, Raffles Girls’ School, Catholic High School (Primary and Secondary), Anglo Chinese School (Primary and Secondary) and Maris Stella High School (Primary and Secondary).
- We tailor our pedagogy to meet the individual needs of our pupils.
- We use innovative learning methods to spark our pupils’ interests in the subjects that we teach and offer opportunities to groom them in their talents.
- P3 to P6 English Group Tuition Classes
- P3 and P4 Combined English Creative Writing Classes
- P5 and P6 Combined English Creative Writing Classes
- S1 to S4/5 English Group Tuition Classes
- Lower Secondary English Expository Writing Classes
- Upper Secondary English Expository Writing Classes
Primary Chinese 小学普通华文
- P3 to P6 Chinese Group Tuition Classes 小学普通华文补习班
- P3 and P4 Combined Chinese Creative Writing Classes 小学中年级华文创意写作班
- P5 and P6 Combined Chinese Creative Writing Classes 小学高年级华文创意写作班
Secondary Express Chinese 中学快捷华文
- S1 to S4/5 Express Chinese Group Tuition Classes 中学快捷华文补习班
- Lower Secondary Chinese Writing Classes 中学低年级华文作文班
- Upper Secondary Chinese Writing Classes 中学高年级华文作文班
The SLC “Unfair” Advantage
With a slate of media professionals, lecturers and entrepreneurs on board, we will be launching a series of English and Chinese media and communications related programmes during this upcoming end-of-year school holidays (November to December 2018). Being a pupil of SLC, your child is entitled to receive special discounts for these programmes. Our special programmes are taught by professionals who have rich experience having worked or are working for reputable brands such as Hollywood, BBC, TVB, Mediacorp, Singapore Press Holdings and many more.
Young Talent Development Programme (beta)
Commencing this November 2018, SLC will be running a beta version of its Young Mediapreneur Programme (YMP beta).
Young Mediapreneur programme
- For pupils who are interested in acting, hosting, news reporting or managing their own digital media channels (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook)
- Selected pupils will be groomed into “Mediapreneurs” by former/current media professionals
- Areas may encompass media presentation, TV/radio hosting, digital journalism, filmmaking, digital publication design and digital marketing
- Selected pupils will be recommended to media professionals and media coverage will be arranged
- More details will be released soon. Stay tuned to our Facebook page.
Contact no: 9058 2091