The Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Cultural Academy (SHHKCA) is your one-stop learning centre providing Pre-school, After School Student Care, Chinese Enrichment and tuition classes for children aged 4-12.
PRE-SCHOOL (3 -6 years old)
The SHHK Pre-School is a centre that nurtures young toddlers and pre-schoolers as life-long learners who are future ready.
We offer the following services at our Pre-School located at 5 Sennett Road:
- Nursery 1 (N1) – 3 years old and Nursery 2 (N2) – 4 years old
- Kindergarten 1 (K1) – 5 years old and Kindergarten 2 (K2) – 6 years old
Full Day – 8.00am to 3.30pm
Half Day (AM) – 8.00am to 12.00pm
OUR UNIQUE PROGRAMME
- Strong Chinese Immersion Programme
- Living Garden – Appreciation of the Environment (observation, cultivating and harvesting)
- Social and Character Development – values, role-playing, applied daily life skills
- Arts, Music & Movement Engagement – exploration, experiment, creation) and motor skills development
After School Student Care (7-12 years old)
SchoolAfterSchool (SAS) is a wholesome and holistic after school care for students aged 7 – 12. Students are immersed in a bilingual speaking environment with well-designed programmes to develop their character, cognitive and speech competencies, while inspiring their creativity.
- Dedicated, qualified personnel to devote time and attention to each individual child
- Daily nutritious meal + tea break
- Warm showers in private cubicles
- Well equipped open concept play area for games to stimulate thinking, develop their motor skills and team spirit
- Fully air conditioned facilities
- Cozy corner with variety of books accessible to all children
- Organised excursions during school holidays (Optional)
Our Value-Added Enrichment Programmes
Besides daily homework guidance, key programme highlights include curriculum and theme-based learning to help each child discover their strength and learn problem-solving and life-skills such as Teachings of Chinese Sages and Recitation, Chinese Speech & Drama, Creative Arts.
We provide learning support to help you bring out the best in your child
At the Centre, our After School Care Facilitators will guide and ensure homework are completed each day.
Instilling Good Learning Habits
We provide a designated study area, and a structured and conducive learning environment to help students develop good studying habits.
We provide each child with their personal notebook to record their list of daily school homework, to-dos and completed assignments, to help parents keep track of their child’s progress.
We organise regular Parent & Child sessions 亲子会 incorporating festival elements that celebrate our heritage, to help develop and strengthen parent – child bonding.
For more information on After School Student Care, feel free to contact us at the following:
Tel: +65 6589 9500
Email: SAS@shhkca.com.sg (Sennett); SASTPY@shhkca.com.sg (Toa Payoh)
Monday – Friday
1.30pm – 7.00pm (school days)
8.00am – 7.00pm (school holidays)
5 Sennett Road S466781
397 Lorong 2 Toa Payoh S319639
CHINESE ENRICHMENT CLASSES (18 months – 16 years old)
At SHHKCA, we also provide a range of children’s programmes to compliment your child’s learning in school.
These programmes aim to develop and strengthen social and cognitive skills as well as equip them with future-ready competencies
- Chinese speech and drama
- Chinese creative writing
- Chinese Enrichment (Foundation and Consolidation)
- Pre-school Chinese and Fun Chinese
- Cherry Tots
TUITION (7 – 12 years old)
We help your child develop key skills in learning English, Chinese, Math to Coding & Robotics.
Our teachers are trained in these areas and familiar with MOE-syllabus. We use a range of interactive teaching techniques to engage students in lessons and motivate them to study.
Call us now to find out more!