This week we look at schools in the Choa Chu Kang area.
- We added the application rates for Phase 2A(1) + Phase 2A(2) simulating Phase 2A.
This is the number of people that applied for the phases.
- We subtract 20 places from Phase 2A.
- We then divided the application rate by the resulting number of places.
ie. intensity = application rate/number of places
- We repeated the same process for the last 5 years.
- Finally, we sort the results according to the school with the highest application rate in 2021.
This is probably one of the most peaceful places to navigate in the P1 registration. Only 1 school, South View Primary, is in mild danger of oversubscription in 3 years of our simulation. It escaped balloting in 2017 and 2019, filling about 85% of the places in Phase 2A. Note that its cohort size of 270 is actually quite high. The only thing to watch out for is that it seems to be growing in popularity. Given the trends, I believe it will be oversubscribed in the coming Phase 2A.
The rest of the schools in this area are all below 50% full after Phase 2A in our simulation, with Chua Chu Kang Primary coming in at 44% full. So people going for these schools in this Phase should rejoice.
Clementi Phase 2A Projections