Today, we look at the schools in the small Jurong East district.
- We added the application rates for Phase 2A(1) + Phase 2A(2) simulating Phase 2A.
This is the number of people that applied for the phases.
- We subtract 20 places from Phase 2A.
- We then divided the application rate by the resulting number of places.
ie. intensity = application rate/number of places
- We repeated the same process for the last 5 years.
- Finally, we sort the results according to the school with the highest application rate in 2021.
Based on our above simulation, only 1 school have actually exceeded the threshold and only in 1 year. Jurong Primary would have required balloting with a 139% oversubscription rate in 2020, but this did go down to 62% in 2021. If you look at the rest of the years, aside from 2020, the highest would have been in 2019, which was 83%. I would say that the chance for Jurong Primary to require balloting in Phase 2A this year is actually quite low. But it does have the lowest intake of the lot (190 places), so please be wary.
The other 2 schools should be quite peaceful, with take-in rates in Phase 2A as low as 11% and as high as 52%. They are very unlikely to require balloting.
Jurong West Phase 2A Projections