What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Post Reply
Www
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 06,

What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by Www » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:28 pm

What jobs are suitable for SAHM? Need to be flexible timing. Any suggestions? I am currently thinking of teaching in tuition centers. Any teachers teaching in tuition centers can give any feedback?

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:19 pm

suitable jobs for SAHM ?

sewing, cooking, washing, ironing, cleaning...etc these are all with flexi timing, seriously

cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 13,
Total Likes:2

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by cnimed » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Www wrote:What jobs are suitable for SAHM? Need to be flexible timing. Any suggestions? I am currently thinking of teaching in tuition centers. Any teachers teaching in tuition centers can give any feedback?
Consider the age of your kids. Their peak hours are after- school hours, nights and weekends. Not conducive for family time. If you are the main caregiver, you will need someone to look after YOUR kids in the after school hours, esp with the move to single session.

I think there was a similar thread to this in the Money sub forum. Can go take a look.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed Feb 17,
Total Likes:6

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by atrecord » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

Freelance work is probably the most appropriate, but some of these works would require skills and experience. It would be ideal if the person had worked full time on the type of job before becoming a SAHM, and therefore know the skills and gained the experience already (= competent), and then can get right into it as a SAHM.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1763
Joined: Fri May 01,
Total Likes:1

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by Oppsgal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 am

atrecord wrote:Freelance work is probably the most appropriate, but some of these works would require skills and experience. It would be ideal if the person had worked full time on the type of job before becoming a SAHM, and therefore know the skills and gained the experience already (= competent), and then can get right into it as a SAHM.
What are the freelence work :? Where to find :? 100% got pay :?

Can SAHM ask MPs to find home based jobs for them :?


Www
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 06,

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by Www » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 am

Thank you everyone. Still finding a suitable job for SAHM to do at own free time. Not much of choices. :sad:

Need to pick up my young kid from school or need to stay at home when have HMFD cases in CC.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 09,
Total Likes:7

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by UncleLim » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am

Become a Famous Blogger !!! :wink:

Vevey
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Jul 24,
Total Likes:5

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by Vevey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 pm


Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Apr 23,
Total Likes:15

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by Angelight » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Babysitting for other working mums' kids? I'm actually thinking of this myself, any takers? :)

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1763
Joined: Fri May 01,
Total Likes:1

Re: What are the jobs suitable for SAHM?

Post by Oppsgal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Angelight wrote:Babysitting for other working mums' kids? I'm actually thinking of this myself, any takers? :)
Going to the house take care kids?

Post Reply