Arts & Craft materials

So you think that those colorful scribblings on your wall resemble Piccaso's abstract art? Learn how to fulfill your child's destiny here.

Arts & Craft materials

Postby Gmum » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 am

Hi all mum & dad,

Does anyone know where I can get wholesale arts & craft materials, retails also can.

thank you!

Gmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:31 am

bras basah complex.

Postby mintcc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:15 pm

hmm I think it depends what kind of materials are you looking for? Paper/Sissors with pattern/Crayons and paint?

My default place for those materials is Popular book store but I have saw some of the art and craft materials at concourse and in Daiso before too. Art friend (in bras basar and Ngee Ann City) and some of the art stores have a huge variety but can be quite expensive depending on what you buy.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Gmum » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi,

Well recieved all the information with thanks. Actually I am looking for those which can be found in shopping mall where kids sit with parents and paint their cartoon pics (which need to be bake) and sand arts.. keke so sorry, do not know exactly what the arts work call.

Cheers!

Gmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintcc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:19 pm

I think I saw something like that in a art and craft store in Ngee Ann City.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby deardear07 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm

in my memory, Art Friends is not cheap...if getting just some basic art and craft items to doodle at home, just popular would be sufficient.

if for school use, they would reccommend Popular too, unless they looking for something more 'pro'... :D

deardear07
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:33 pm

Gmum wrote:Hi,

Well recieved all the information with thanks. Actually I am looking for those which can be found in shopping mall where kids sit with parents and paint their cartoon pics (which need to be bake) and sand arts.. keke so sorry, do not know exactly what the arts work call.

Cheers!

i saw this when i passed by a mall a couple of months back. Not sure if parents are allowed to be present with the kid.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby fo12eal » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Try shopping at Bras Basah. Thats the place where most ART material can be found. Art Friend will be a better choice as they have many different selections! Maybe you can become a member? Can't remember how I become one but I think you can get up to 10% if I ddn't remember wrongly.

Well, children love cutting papers. And papers are so expensive!!! so perhaps to be more creative, we can always use recycle items like

Newspaper
Papercup
Even envelops from your daily bills and make use of those phamlets/brochures included to create a collage with your child.

At the end of the day, still a nice piece of art work :)

fo12eal
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 pm

fo12eal wrote:Try shopping at Bras Basah. Thats the place where most ART material can be found...

That is true. And hands-up all those parents with children in Primary school that are NOT already Popular Bookstore members? It's hard to imagine there's any :). It's weird how Popular was my favorite haunt as a kid (other than MPH), and now it's my favorite haunt for shopping for my kid.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby cckmummy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi Gmum,

Are you looking for "sand art" - the type u do the coloring with colourful sand, then u put the art piece in the toaster to bake. I don't noe where u live, but if west side, there's one at IMM level 3 outside daiso.

cckmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Art & Craft