P2 son always in a hurry to finish his test / exam paper i g

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

P2 son always in a hurry to finish his test / exam paper i g

Postby jollybeans » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Hie

Does any of your child always in a big hurry to finish the
paper that you gave him / her ?

My son , p2 this year is able to finish a Maths or english paper ( the normal kinda paper ) in 30 mins - 40 mins ! He however will need an hour to finish
a challenging paper.

However, what I'd like to teach him is to make full use of the 1 and a half hours to pace himself in doing the paper and checking them.

During his p2 exams, the teacher only pick up their paper at the end of time. So he'll just play w his stationery while waiting for teacher to pick up the paper ! :whut:

Can anyone share yr experience how you get your child to pace themselves, in doing their papers ?

Thank you very much ! :rahrah:

jollybeans
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: P2 son always in a hurry to finish his test / exam paper

Postby smartmummy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi jollybeans!
This is the problem i am facing.My son also doing like that.He can finish faster but with a lot of careless mistakes.Now he is in P3 and going to P4.Still, I couldn't convince him. :sad: He has no patient in real life also.Yesterday I asked him to wait for me to open,but he was trying to open and not willing to wait for a millisecond.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Suz855 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi, lower primary Maths exam paper is easy, average kid typically will finish the paper using half the amt of time given. Guess, we should not make them do slower but it's quality we expect from them. Try hanging a small carrot for them so that they exercise care in getting all the answer right n not just merely completing the papers. For my dd, if she score 91% n above for the past yr papers she practice then she has more play time or an ice-cream treat :D

Suz855
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 711mum » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:43 pm

That's true, I recalled for my dd, when she took her P3 SA1 Maths paper this year, she couldn't even finished the Section B questions, let alone checking :frustrated: :sweat:, ended up marks lost for careless mistake + unfinshed question :cry: Speed and quality are equally important.

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child