Maid try to reclaim loan deduction through POEA

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid try to reclaim loan deduction through POEA

Postby chickaboom8888 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:58 am

Hi all,

I would like to flag to all the existing employers with Philippines maid who are hired directly from Philippines. My helper is supposed to go back to Philippines for good after she finished her contract. Under the influence of one of my neighbour's maid, she asked me to provide her our existing contract so that she could complain to POEA when she is back to Philippines to recover back her loan deduction. I had sent her to the agent for counselling this coming weekend. I just want to pre-warn all the employers out there DO NOT LET YOUR MAID GET HOLD OF THE CONTRACT, PLS KEEP THEM IN A PLACE WHERE YOUR MAID CANNOT ACCESS IT. This thing can get very messy and we can be sued by the embassy and barred from hiring a Philippines maid in the future.

Read this article for reference
http://www.home.org.sg/special-projects/ban-OFWs.html

chickaboom8888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Maid try to reclaim loan deduction through POEA

Postby chixchix » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:41 pm

But even without the contract if she still goes and complain, you can still be in trouble….my friend just hired Filipina and when she went to the Embassy she was told that there should not be any deduction for the maid as employer supposed to bear everything..is the labour officer finds out, they will charge the employer and the agency also.. so my friend called her agent and the agent said it is true.. but agent said if they don't deduct the salary of the maid then where got any employer want to bear the costs..wait the agency fees will be more than $2000 so thats why must have deduction .. now my friend every time worried whether the maid will complain to embassy about the deductions ..futhermore filipina maid yu know lay so different from in dons

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pirate » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:25 pm

I don't understand the mindset of some employers. If the Filipino legal requirement (eg. the employer should bear the full agency fees) is not acceptable from a risk point of view for the employer, then just walk away. If enough employers walk away, the employment agencies dealing with Filipino maids have to think of a legal way to address employers' concerns, or go out of business.

All this going around this or that regulation is too much headache for us. We just choose to hire from some other agency or country.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mickeymickey » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Seems like got a lot of nonsense to hire filipinos.did you guys watch the news yesterday ? Their male workers come here must have separate rooms and free meals,,wow..poor bangladeshi or Prc workers also don't have that privilege

mickeymickey
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby POA Teacher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:50 pm

chixchix wrote:But even without the contract if she still goes and complain, you can still be in trouble….my friend just hired Filipina and when she went to the Embassy she was told that there should not be any deduction for the maid as employer supposed to bear everything..is the labour officer finds out, they will charge the employer and the agency also.. so my friend called her agent and the agent said it is true.. but agent said if they don't deduct the salary of the maid then where got any employer want to bear the costs..wait the agency fees will be more than $2000 so thats why must have deduction .. now my friend every time worried whether the maid will complain to embassy about the deductions ..futhermore filipina maid yu know lay so different from in dons

Their embassy can charge us for what? Their law is enforceable in THEIR country. Here is not their country. Just don't ever go to their coubtry lah. :lol:

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby chixchix » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Didn't you read newspapers last time on Mr Cabe ,their labour officer from Embassy , got come out newspaper, they blacklisted agencies for collecting maid loan when employer is supposed not to do any deduction.. don't know lay who wants more information, go and call him,

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Domestic Help