35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby wwcookie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:33 pm

applepie wrote:Hi mrsseah

At least your daughter can remember the 50 in the number pattern question, this shows her memory is not too bad after all. :lol:

Actuali there r a couple of other pattern questions, however I m not sure how to post the diagrams :lol:

My son's memory not good too - he can't remember any of the questions - but he did tell me one of the questions has the pattern divide by 2, minus 2, divide by 2, minus 2... i think he should be talking abt this one..

Btw, did ur kids say how many questions are in the papers? Just checking to see if my son hasn't missed out answering any questions... heee..

wwcookie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sakura_2009 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:40 am

trileets wrote:Does it mean that even though they don't get into GEP, they are automatically assured a good class next year?

I thought those students (particularly from the neighbourhood achools) who are selected for the GEP test are already in the best 1st or 2nd classes in their own respective schools? No? :?

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby comfy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am

sakura_2009 wrote:
trileets wrote:Does it mean that even though they don't get into GEP, they are automatically assured a good class next year?

I thought those students (particularly from the neighbourhood achools) who are selected for the GEP test are already in the best 1st or 2nd classes in their own respective schools? No? :?

Not necessary, as the best 1st or 2nd classes have to take CL and Science subjects into consideration. Some of these children that went for the selection test must be really good in EL and Math.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby walterp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 am

applepie wrote:Hi all, some of the questions that were tested in today's math paper, not in exact words...

Qn
48 24 22 (?) 9

Qn
Jack and Beautrice weigh 60kg
Jack and Daniel weigh 50kg
Beautrice and Daniel weigh 70 kg
What is the mass of Jack ?

Qn
10 lamp posts were placed on a 360 m road. The first and last lamp post were placed on both ends of the road. What is the distance between the second and fifth lamp posts ?

Qn
On Monday, a fruit seller sold some pineapples (represented by 3 pineapple symbols). On Tuesday, he sold some pineapples again (also represented by 3 pineapple symbols). Total number of pineapples sold was 48.
How many pineapples (in terms of symbols) did he sell on Wednesday ?

Hope to give parents a feel of what kind of questions were being tested for today's GEP paper. Would be happy to hear comments from other parents as well...

:D :D

Here is my answer

Qn
48 24 22 (?) 9 - answwer 11

Qn
Jack and Beautrice weigh 60kg
Jack and Daniel weigh 50kg
Beautrice and Daniel weigh 70 kg
What is the mass of Jack ? - answer 20 kg

Qn
10 lamp posts were placed on a 360 m road. The first and last lamp post were placed on both ends of the road. What is the distance between the second and fifth lamp posts ? answer - 3 X 40m = 120m

Qn
On Monday, a fruit seller sold some pineapples (represented by 3 pineapple symbols). On Tuesday, he sold some pineapples again (also represented by 3 pineapple symbols). Total number of pineapples sold was 48.
How many pineapples (in terms of symbols) did he sell on Wednesday ?
answer - 6 pineapple symbols (each value of 4)

---

8)

walterp
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sakura_2009 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 am

comfy wrote:
sakura_2009 wrote:

Not necessary, as the best 1st or 2nd classes have to take CL and Science subjects into consideration. Some of these children that went for the selection test must be really good in EL and Math.

OIC..must be my own perception then, coz those students i know of who make it to round 2 are already in the best 2 classes in their respective schools. Maybe they were already quite strong in English and Maths to begin with...

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby applepie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 am

Hi walterp

The pineapple question can hv a few answers, eg. It could be 2 pineapple symbols (each value of 6). However, this is a mcq question, and their options include 6 but no 2.
So, the correct answer is 6 :lol:

applepie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby happyheart » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:04 pm

I asked my son about the question on 50, 48,24, 22 (?), 9.

Best is when he said... I dont remember there is this question!

happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 pm

happyheart wrote:I asked my son about the question on 50, 48,24, 22 (?), 9.

Best is when he said... I dont remember there is this question!

:lol:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Zann » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
trileets wrote:how about NYPS? Any one has any idea?

your kid in NYPS ?

those with good results in P3, plus just missed the GEP selection, will be in "high ability" class, for the last 3 years. Not sure what the new principal will do this year

"Twining" lah ... :lol: :lol: See if the HA pupils will be doing SS and IR like in nhps, if I am not wrong nyps HA students currently don't?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Zann wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:
trileets wrote:how about NYPS? Any one has any idea?

your kid in NYPS ?

those with good results in P3, plus just missed the GEP selection, will be in "high ability" class, for the last 3 years. Not sure what the new principal will do this year

"Twining" lah ... :lol: :lol: See if the HA pupils will be doing SS and IR like in nhps, if I am not wrong nyps HA students currently don't?

no, they don't do SS / IR
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres