Though some of us had committed some forgiveable booboos at the recent auctions, I hope that all participants had their fun and seen their kitties grow. Most certainly must thank chief for so efficiently managing the auction, and of course for the generous items and awards. Can’t believe he does it manually!
So, after participating in auctions 12 to 14, I’ve learned some tricks to share with all. Before the auction:
1) Size up your competition, by checking their kitty. How to do that?
For each post with I want to participate in this Auction, click on the members’ profile button, scroll down and voila! But this isn’t much use as I found out recently, that some members have lobangs that include loansharks, reserve banks and buddies. Still, it serves as a guide to how many KPs they have.
2) Open either notepad or wordpad, type the sentence I bid xx KP, replacing the xx by the no. of points you wanna bid.
Then do a CTRL-A (select all), CTRL-C (copy)
3) Close all other windows except the auction page…to save computer resources..so hopefully, you don’t lag at the critical moment.
4) Open up the auction page (usually page 2) where chief has the post ….Please standby.
5) Then hit F5 (refresh) every few seconds..provided your system isnt from the jurassic era.
6) When you see the chief has posted Auction is now opened for bidding… have FUN!
Click on post reply, and then CTRL-V (paste) the sentence you’ve prepared in (2)
At anytime during the auction, to up your bid, you can do the same CTRL-V and amend the bid amount.
Hopefully, if your pc/laptop/netbook/broadband holds up well, and you don’t have butter fingers, then you just might be slightly faster than the others. But whether you win the FVB or item, depends on, well, the amount in your kitty, compassion you have for fellow players and your luck in guessing parrticipants’ bids.
And some don’ts below, just so you don’t blunder like some of us did.
1) Do a blurbee – winning the item only to realise, it’s not much use without the earlier series.
2) Do a mathsmummy (c’est moi, compliments of penglee) – bid so high for the fvb at the expense of others, sorry again.
3) Zack it – tell what you die-die must lay your hands on.
4) Use mobile devices like iPhone, iTouch – nincompoop touch screens and sweaty fingers..are real killers…even blackberries and nokias are no-nos.
Ermm, hey buddy bee, sista buds and bro zack, if you prefer not to become an adjective (thanks chief, for the word), let me know, I’ll remove it.
Here’s wishing all a successful and happy new year ahead!
And more from chief:
Do a winth – Forget to attend the Auction that you have been waiting a long time for
Do a mrswongtuition hub – Get your poor uninitiated hubs to try to win a FVB on your behalf. Not a shred of chance with the feeding frenzy of the first 3 mins of the Auction.
Do a schellen – Bid with sniper accuracy and efficiency in targeting and finishing off your opponents with a single hand at the keyboard. Skill can be acquired only after very tough regime of training that involves night feeds and screaming babies.
Do a clarabella (aka. Do a jedamum) – Inspect the validity of every bid with the unrelenting thoroughness of a nose picker. No one escapes. Bidder beware.
Do a titank – Lose points for not complying to the requirement of completing Personal Details page of your Profile.